Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pretty pictures in the sun

As I was knitting away on my Meida's Socks this morning. the sun started shining on the knitting, and it was so pretty I had to share. This is my handspun merino that I dyed with Kool-Aid and Wilton's, and the color is really lovely. (More by accident than skill with the dyepot) This stitch pattern is so fun I can hardly bear to put it down. It is a little hard to see because my yarn is a variable in thickness, but that neat little cable is a four stitch thing that takes the stitch from the far right to the far left. In the non-cabled rows the two middle stitches are purled, so it is like two little train tracks going along and then TWIST...so cool.

And after knit night at Enoteca the other night I realized I needed at least one project OTN that was simple so I could knit and chat at the same time..so I pulled out the Skye Tweed that has been sitting in my stash for a long time and cast on a vest with it..more about that soon, but isn't this yarn fantastic? I love the tweed flecks and the olive-ish color. The yarn is very stiff and scratchy, which is why this is a vest to be worn over a shirt. I don't think I could wear this if it were touching my skin. In fact it is a little bit hard to knit with.

No comments: