Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Minisweater

I finished the knitting on this a while ago, but it needed the button which I finally found. Today I once again forced my husband to the duty of fashion photographer. I like this sweater in most ways and it was really quick to knit. The bottom of the back tends to stick out from my body a little, maybe a few descreases before the garter stitch edging would have helped this.
I did some of the increases for the puffed sleeves, but not all called for in the pattern.
This is me trying for a non-smiling picture, which came out looking almost as strange as some of my smiling photos. The sweater also poufs out beside the garter stitch band down the front. This may improve with some washing and blocking.
I haven't figure out what adjustments I would make so that this would be perfect, but I do mostly like it.
Pattern: The Minisweater, aka the Boobholder - free pattern from Stephanie Japel, Glampyre Knits.
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool 100% Merino Superwash, sort of a rose color, from stash
Needles: Size 8 Addi Turbo
Size: One size adjust to fit.
Alterations: Detailed on Ravelry-was not able to get gauge, she said something like 13 stitches/4" for a worsted weight yarn, and I could only get 16, so I recalculated for casting on and dividing. I also didn't do all of the decreases called for in the puffed sleeves. IMHOP-this isn't a pattern for a beginner, its strength is in the top down construction which allows one to knit it to fit well, it can be tried on as you go.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay for top-down construction! Love the color on you. It looks great. =)