Friday, July 18, 2008

BFL handspun

In my frenzy of spinning I have finally finished up the remainder of a pound of BFL that I bought off ebay about a year ago. This was really different to spin..the fiber was more crimped than the merino and had bits of hay and grass in it here and there. There were some places where the fiber had little tangles that could not be untangled. It seems more rough than other BFL that I have spun. I have quite a bit of it, maybe 400 yards..and I am guessing about DK or sport weight. I am planning to dye it, but I haven't been successful in finding good Kool-Aid colors in my local grocery store, so I may have to use my acid dyes. This isn't a huge problem, but it does make a mess, and I do have a curious 4 year old daughter.
Actually, the longer I look at this, the more I am liking it..maybe I can make a vest.

No comments: