Friday, July 11, 2008

Handspun Merino

I am so excited to have finally figured out what yarn pr0n is (thank you Urban Dictionary) and apparently Friday is the day when we post our yarn pr0n for the week. So for my inaugural entry I present my merino handspun. This is my best spinning so far. The fact that the fiber was incredibly smooth and easy to spin has something to do with that, but I am pretty pleased by the fact that I made a yarn that is pretty small when plied (haven't checked my wpi yet).
And while it isn't great yet..it is by far the most consistent and least bumpy yarn I have yet produced. I took it to spinning night last night, and Michelle wound it onto a niddy noddy for me (I need to get me one of those!), and I seem to have about 200 yards. Now to dye it...hmm, what color?


No comments: