Sunday, July 26, 2009

FO: Milkweed Shawl

This is the Milkweed Shawl by Laura Chau of Cosmicpluto knits. I got a bit excited by lace knitting once I blocked out that Icarus Shawl, and I began to appreciate the utility of shawls, even little shawlettes that can be worn around the neck like this. I have quite a bit of sock yarn for a person who doesn't actually knit socks all that often. Although I must admit to feeling both a little left out, and a greater desire to knit them now that the Sock Summit is coming to Portland. In fact, I may have gotten a chance to take a class that someone else can't attend!
This yarn is the color Hyacinth in Liberty's Yarn. (Her blog is linked in the column to the right.)
It is a lovely smooshy soft superwash wool in a dk weight called D.Quixote yarn. You may have seen her work in the Dye for Glory competition.

The pattern is astoundingly well charted and I loved knitting a whole shawl in garter stitch, it is so lofty and textured and just all around wonderful. I think I will be knitting the Just Enough Ruffles scarf by Laura Chau with that lovely silk/wool BMFA yarn I got at Black Sheep Gathering. Don't ask me why I am knitting winter accessories in the middle of July, in a heat wave, because I don't know. (In fact I just finished that huge aran sweater, so that will be up next!)

1 comment:

OmMama and KraftyKatina said...

That's so pretty! You should bring that to Enoteca next week and show it off!
-Cerise : )