Friday, July 31, 2009

FO: Knitted Aran Sweater

I am FINALLY finished with this project, which has been over a year in the WIPs category on my Ravelry page. It is a Lion Brand Yarn pattern called, get this, the Knitted Aran Sweater. I just love originality in pattern naming.I promised a dear friend I would make her a sweater, and this is the pattern she chose, and although I wouldn't have chosen it myself, and grumbled a lot in the knitting of it, it turned out to be quite lovely.

It is knitted with Knit Picks Bare Superwash, which is a lovely stretchy, soft yarn, and made the cables easy to execute.
The pattern itself is difficult to read, so if for some crazy reasonn you decide to knit this sweater, I can forward you abbreviated cable directions as I translated them. (Assuming we can somehow prove you already bought the pattern, so we don't violate copyrights.)

The yarn pilled a bit and got fuzzy when I washed and machine dried it, so I would recommend laying flat to dry. I think the plies are pretty lightly spun to keep it soft, but this sacrifices durability.
I am feeling pretty confident about cables now, so I think this helped my knitting skill quite a bit, and I am pretty sure my friend will love it. And I can finally change its status to Finished!!

4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow! It is so gorgeous! Your friend should absolutely love you for it!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! What a great friend you are.

OmMama and KraftyKatina said...

It's so cool to see this done since I only saw a little bit of it a few weeks ago. Great job!

Sidnee said...

Brandy - you're a great friend! What a beautiful sweater.