Thursday, March 18, 2010

FO: Peak's Island Hood

Today the weather was beautiful and my husband home, so we managed to get some nicer photos of my Peak's Island Hood. Another pattern by Ysolda, that I chose to make in Dale of Norway Harlequin. The yarn is a lovely soft tweedy green that is perfect in every way except gauge, but it wasn't totally critical for this project, so I went with it. It seems truly hard for me to find a good yarn at 16st/4"! I love the look of seed stitch, even if I don't totally love knitting it, but since this wasn't a huge project, totally manageable. Some lovely wood buttons were found at my LYS to finish it off. I sewed them back to back with other buttons to stabilize them. I still need to tighten down the buttonholes a bit, they tend to come undone very easily.
I know it's a bit odd to model a woolly scarf in a t-shirt on a nice day!
The hood tends to fall down easily too..not sure how to fix that.
I have a bit leftover from the fourth skein of yarn, so the yardage estimation seems right. As another person mentioned I would recommend knitting a few more rows on the short end of the scarf, just before the buttonholes. I think this would make it drape and fit better. Altogether I would say I am 4 out of 5 stars pleased with the FO.

No comments: