Monday, May 12, 2008

A Great and Terrible Beauty

I just read this book last weekend while traveling to Colorado. I really enjoyed it. It is a young adult fiction category of book which is very popular right now. It features a 16 year old girl named Gemma Doyle who at the death of her mother is sent to England to Spence, a school for girls to be made into a lady. At the same time she begins experiencing visions of things that are happening or maybe will happen. This is a really good book with some good stuff in it about how society treated women at the time (late 19th century). I found it very enjoyable reading and it is very likely I will read the next two books in the Gemma Doyle trilogy. I also should point out that I love the title of this book. It may be the reason I picked it up at the bookstore in the first place.
Here is a really cute dress from Boden that I am thinking of getting for Alexa.





No comments: